Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day '10

   Thanksgiving weekend this year I would rate amongst the lower 5% of such weekends in my lifetime.  It started with me canceling my annual backpacking trip.  This part was made alright in that it allowed me to spend Thanksgiving with my 91 year old Grandfather.  There was great food, great company, and it was the first Thanksgiving dinner I have eaten since moving back to Montana 2006 that didn't involve boiling water and pouring it onto a freeze-dried camp meal (Beef Stroganoff is the BEST!) 
   After the meal I sat on the couch, blissfully full.  While fighting off the effects of the impending food-coma, I decided I would try to hang out with my buddy Sam, as his son was with his mother that night.  Unfortunately, he had other plans.  Oh well.  I headed home instead and allowed the food-coma to overtake me.  All in all a pretty good Thanksgiving day in my hometown. 
   The following day, however, proved to be the beginning of the end for a couple of friendships.  I won't go into details, but sufficed to say, drama ran rampant from Friday through the end of the weekend.  All of this drama was, of course, due to my own idiocy earlier in the year, but nonetheless, it really brought a miserable end to an otherwise nice weekend.  Live and learn, eh?  ...and next year:  Go Camping!

1 comment: