Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How does Hydrogen act as a fuel?

    I have a problem.  I hate fossil fuels.  Fossil fuels are something I view as a major source of not only pollution, but also of a wide-stretching corruption that plagues our planet.  It is a topic I have spent much time thinking about, and it seems there MUST be a better way.  One way that I find particularly interesting is the idea of Hydrogen being used as a fuel.  After all, the only byproducts created by burning Hydrogen gas are Oxygen and Water Vapor, with a chance of some Nitrogen compounds.  What could be more eco-friendly?  Naturally this is a subject of varying opinions and ideas.  Some say Hydrogen can not be used as a fuel because it requires vast amounts of energy to generate the Hydrogen in the first place.  Others say it is much more viable than others kinds of fuel.  What do I say?  I say it's time to do my own research on the subject!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered about that actually so I'm curious to see what information you come across!

    ReplyDelete